Unauthorized Billing Of Credit/Debit Card Or Home Mortgage
Unfair and Deceptive Services
Unauthorized Service Contract Renewal
Creation Of Roadblocks To Cancel Service
Excessive or Unauthorized Fees
Product or Service
Online Membership Programs
This is an ongoing investigation and potential class action lawsuit relating to the billing practices of Classmates Online Inc., which is a subsidiary of United Online, Inc.
Classmates Online operates a web site called classmates.com. Classmates.com allegedly connects alumni with former classmates and otherwise creates a venue from alumni to interact. Classmates Online charges a subscription for access to and usage of classmates.com.
Consumers have reported that Classmates Online allegedly engages in deceptive billing practices when auto-renewing a consumer's subscription. These consumer reports allege that Classmates Online engages in the following practices:
1. Classmates.com allegedly charges a consumer's credit card for renewals without proper notification or authorization.
2. Classmates.com allegedly creates roadblocks that hinder a persons ability to cancel her enrollment into classmates.com.
3. Classmates.com allegedly charges consumers' credit cards even when that charged credit card is not the credit card submitted to classmates.com.
4. Classmates.com failed to notify consumers that it modified its Terms and Conditions which allegedly changes consumer subscriptions to auto-renew subscriptions without consumers approval or knowledge.
5. Classmates.com allegedly continues to bill consumers even after the consumer unsubscribes to classmates.com.
Please contact us if you would like to share your experience relating to classmates.com.
Name (Stock Symbol)
Classmates Media Corporation
Classmates Media Corporation owns and operates a social networking web site called classmates.com. United Online, Inc is the parent company of Classmates Media Corporation.
The information provided on ClassAdvocate.com is general in nature,
does not apply to any particular factual situation, and is not and
should not be taken as legal or other professional advice. We make no
commitment or warranty that the factual, legal or any other information
on ClassAdvocate.com, or on any linked website, is accurate, complete,
error-free, or current. As such, you should not rely on such information,
and should seek professional advice if and as you determine appropriate.
ClassAdvocate.com is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client
or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site.
The investigations listed on ClassAdvocate.com are attorney advertisements
and do not in any way constitute a referral or endorsement by ClassAdvocate.com
or any approved or authorized lawyer referral service.