Nucor Corporation allegedly discriminated against african american employees at certain steel plants and otherwise created a hostile work environment by tolerating repeated racial slurs and comments by white supervisors and employees toward african american employees.
This is a pending class action lawsuit against Nucor Corporation in connection with allegations that it discriminated against african-american workers at several of its manufacturing facilities, including one in Huger, South Carolina.
Nucor Corporation manufactures steel in several facilities across the UNited States.
This anti-discrimination class action lawsuit is based upon allegations made by former and current Nucor employees that Nucor allowed for a pattern of racial discrimination at its facilities and created a hostile work environment. These allegations include:
1. White supervisors and employees frequently referring to black employees as "niggers," "bologna lips," "yard apes" and "porch monkeys."
2. White employees frequently referring to black employees as "DAN,", which stands for "dumb ass niger."
3. Many of these racial slirs were broadcast over the plant wide radio system.
4. The radio brioadcast system boadcasted monkey noises in response to communications of black employees.
5. The receipt of emails depicting black people in racially offense ways, such as showing them with nooses around their necks.
This class action lawsuit seeks to represent all former and current african american employees of Nucor that were forced it work in this hostile environment.
Name (Stock Symbol)
Nucor Corporation (NUE)
Nucor Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of steel and steel products in North America.
The information provided on ClassAdvocate.com is general in nature,
does not apply to any particular factual situation, and is not and
should not be taken as legal or other professional advice. We make no
commitment or warranty that the factual, legal or any other information
on ClassAdvocate.com, or on any linked website, is accurate, complete,
error-free, or current. As such, you should not rely on such information,
and should seek professional advice if and as you determine appropriate.
ClassAdvocate.com is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client
or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site.
The investigations listed on ClassAdvocate.com are attorney advertisements
and do not in any way constitute a referral or endorsement by ClassAdvocate.com
or any approved or authorized lawyer referral service.