Investigation and pending class action lawsuit against Marsh & McLennan Companies on behalf of all persons who were participants in or beneficiaries of the Marsh & McLennan Companies Stock Investment Plan between July 1, 2000 and January 31, 2005.
The class action complaint alleges that during this time frame, Marsh & McLennan breached their fiduciary duties by:
(1) failing to prudently and loyally manage the Plan's assets;
(2) failing to provide participants with complete and accurate information regarding MMC stock sufficient to advise participants of the true risks of investing their retirement savings;
(3) failing to properly monitor the performance of their fiduciary appointees, and remove and replace those whose performance was inadequate;
(4) violating the co-fiduciary liability; and
(5) knowingly participating in a breach of duty.
Name (Stock Symbol)
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (MMC)
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., a professional services company, provides advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital.
The information provided on ClassAdvocate.com is general in nature,
does not apply to any particular factual situation, and is not and
should not be taken as legal or other professional advice. We make no
commitment or warranty that the factual, legal or any other information
on ClassAdvocate.com, or on any linked website, is accurate, complete,
error-free, or current. As such, you should not rely on such information,
and should seek professional advice if and as you determine appropriate.
ClassAdvocate.com is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client
or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site.
The investigations listed on ClassAdvocate.com are attorney advertisements
and do not in any way constitute a referral or endorsement by ClassAdvocate.com
or any approved or authorized lawyer referral service.