Investigation and pending class action lawsuits against Washington Mutual on behalf of Plaintiffs and a class (the 'Class') of all persons who were participants in the WaMu Pension Plan and predecessor plans ("the Plan"), at any time after January 1, 1987 (the "Class Period") to the present whose accrued pension benefits are based, in whole or in part, on the Plan's cash balance formula.
Predecessor plans, alleged in the complaint, include cash balance plans formerly maintained by:
(1) Great Western Financial Corporation;
(2) H.F. Ahmanson & Company;
(3) Dime Savings Bank of New York, FSB; and
(4) Pacific First Bank.
The class action complaint alleges that during the Class Period, Washington Mutual violated ERISA protections by:
(1) Causing the rate of benefit accrual to decrease because of the age of or attainment of any age by participants;
(2) Failing to provide adequate notice to participants of the impact on benefits caused by the conversion to a cash balance formula;
(3) Failing to fully disclose Plan provisions in the Summary Plan Descriptions provided to participants; and
(4) Failing to provide participants with the required Summaries of Material Modifications to the terms of the Plan.
Name (Stock Symbol)
Washington Mutual Bank
Washington Mutual Bank is a bank, now owned by JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
The information provided on ClassAdvocate.com is general in nature,
does not apply to any particular factual situation, and is not and
should not be taken as legal or other professional advice. We make no
commitment or warranty that the factual, legal or any other information
on ClassAdvocate.com, or on any linked website, is accurate, complete,
error-free, or current. As such, you should not rely on such information,
and should seek professional advice if and as you determine appropriate.
ClassAdvocate.com is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client
or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site.
The investigations listed on ClassAdvocate.com are attorney advertisements
and do not in any way constitute a referral or endorsement by ClassAdvocate.com
or any approved or authorized lawyer referral service.